Howdy Y’all!! I can say that now because I’m in AMERICA! Man does it feel good to be back! I just moved into my home and absolutely LOVE it. Mostly because it has an enormous kitchen stoked with all sorts of fun tools and equipment for me to experiment with. So you know I went straight to cooking.
I have missed being a pastry chef so baking tonight was like music to my ears and juice for my soul as I whipped up something special. I made Cake Batter Bars on the special occasion that Betty Crocker decided to bring back their fan favorite frosting flavor Rainbow Chip. I can’t even believe they stopped selling it in the first place!
Come on Betty, your killing me. But shout out to all the angry customers who told her to bring it back because without it these bars would be naked and no one wants to see that. Or eat that. Anyway.
If you love brownies and if you love Funfetti, then imagine what life would be like if they got married and had a baby. Yup. Amazing.
Well you don’t have to imagine any more because I’m giving you the recipe RIGHT NOW. WHAT. I know, your lucky day. Here it is! Share with a friend and put some color and sugar into their life! Happy Baking!
Cake Batter Bars
- 1 ¼ cup Funfetti Cake Mix
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup butter, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 heaping tablespoons of sprinkles
- 1 can of BETTY CROCKER “RAINBOW CHIP” Frosting (You must use this frosting or I’ll chop off your fingers)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 pan. (I could only find a circle pan, but you should use a square one. #newhouseprobs)
- Cream together sugars, butter, vanilla, egg and egg yolk.
- Gradually mix in flour, cake mix and baking soda until just mixed. Stir in sprinkles.
- Spread batter evenly into greased pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is lightly browned and middle still jiggles slightly. Cool completely and then frost the top with rainbow chip frosting.
- Cut into small squares and devour!! J:)
Nicole xx #dostuff #bakestuff