I hope you are having a wonderful 5 days before Christmas. It’s Christmas Eve Eve Eve Eve Eve!! I got all excited yesterday when it snowed then I woke up and the sun melted it all away. 😦 It’s such a tease. I’m praying for a white Christmas this year!
Today’s Christmas dessert is Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge. This recipe takes me way back to when I was super little; I remember getting Baking Bombs from my amazing baby sitter that had the BEST peanut butter fudge in it. So now every time I eat PB fudge, I think of Christmas.
I also think of itchy dresses when I think of Christmas.
For those of you OHIO fans who love buckeye’s (I’m raising my hand) this recipe is for you!! Imagine taking a bunch of buckeyes and smashing them into a dish and then cutting them into squares. Well that’s what you are going to get if you make this recipe.
I put these in my baking bombs for the neighbors and friends this year and I highly recommend you do the same because if you keep this whole batch in your house, you will gobble it all up in one sitting. It’s the truth. I warned you. But hey! No judgement. 🙂
By the time I wrote this blog post, all the fudge was gone and I forgot to take a picture of it. So I asked my dad what I could take a picture of and he told me this was the closest thing I was going to get to fudge.
Enough of me yakking, I’m going to post the video and skidaddle off to make my one for tomorrow. Get excited, tomorrow there’s a fancy wardrobe. 🙂
Happy Baking! Remember that Jesus loves you!
Click HERE for yesterday’s video of Cranberry Bliss Bars!
If you have any special requests of recipes or videos you would like to see me make or explain, I would LOVE your feedback! Please comment and let me know!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1¼ cups butter
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 1 bag) (I use Ghirardelli…Always)
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2½ Tbs. butter
- Place peanut butter and butter into a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually whisk in powdered sugar. (Take your time, it kind of takes forever)
- Pour into a lightly greased 9-inch square pan.
- In another medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and 2½ tablespoons butter.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour on top of peanut butter layer using a rubber spatula to smooth it out. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy!! It’s so yummy!!
Nicole #dostuff #bakestuff #merrymerry