I have this weird thing where I can only eat 5 carrots a day (the baby ones). I know. I can’t figure it out either. Carrots are normally most people’s favorite vegetable, but not me. I can’t do more than 5. Give me any other veggie and I’ll gobble them up, but give me 5+ carrots and I can’t do it.
However!! I LOVE CARROT CAKE!! You can throw as many carrots as you want in that baby and I’ll gobble them up in no time! 😉 Today’s recipe is a little twist on carrot cake as I’ve turned them into cookies!! YUM! These little spice nuggets are so yummy and will make your taste buds happy.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp all spice
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 heaping cup of grated carrots
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Combine egg, butter, sugars and vanilla in a mixer or with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, and all the spices and salt.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda and beat until just combined, less than 1 minute.
- Add carrots and beat about 30 seconds.
- Add the butterscotch chips and raisins if you choose to use them.
- Using a medium scoop or your hands, form into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 3 hours or freeze it for 30-45 min so it firms up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the cookies for about 9-10 minutes or until they are just set but still soft in then center.
Let me know how you like this recipe! Stay tuned for some fun foodie videos!
Nicole #DoStuff #BakeStuff