HAPPY FRIDAY FRIENDS!!
I decided yesterday that instead of giving you a healthy recipe for Feel Good Friday, I’m going to give you cake. You’re welcome. You deserve a break and a little something to sweeten up your life.
I’m really not the biggest cake fan in the world, so considering I’m giving you a cake recipe for Feel Good Friday, you know it will be good.
This cake came to me on the doorstep of my Grandpa’s house in Kentucky (literally) from the sweetest soul Shirley. My Grandpa had just passed away and I was so blown away at the way the community and neighbors embraced our family and supported us through this tough time.
We had at least 8 knocks on the door a day of people bringing by food, condolences and love. I think we should all get a little more southern hospitality in our lives. What a great way to meet your neighbors and show people you care!
Okay back to the cake. It’s as easy as pie. But it’s not pie. It’s cake. Anyway.
It’s a poke cake so you poke holes in it and then fill it with a creamy coconutty filling, which keeps the cake from getting dry. Top this bad boy with a thick layer of cool whip and after you sprinkle some coconut flakes on it, you’re done!!
Want the recipe?? Okay. Here you go!
- 1 box white cake mix (and all the ingredients it calls for on the box)
- 1 can of full fat, coconut cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Coconut Shreds
- Bake the cake using the instructions on the box and let cool.
- Use a funnel or something that will give you 1.5 inches in diameter and poke holes in the cake.
- Whisk coconut cream and condensed milk in a bowl until combined. Pour all over the cake, into the holes until fully absorbed.
- Top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- ENJOY!!! Maybe make 2 and bring one to the neighbors! 🙂
I’ll see ya next time! Don’t forget to check out the video on YouTube and if you like it, give it a thumbs up and be sure to subscribe so you can catch all the rest of the #FeelGood Friday videos.
Follow me on Instagram & Twitter for more of my crazy life: @NicoleERenard
Nicole xx #DoStuff #BakeStuff