Hola amigos!! I’m getting ready to go on a fun adventure for Christmas… that was a little hint!! Can you believe Christmas is in 11 DAYS?!?!? Where did 2016 go?!
I’m having a ball in the kitchen baking up lots of yummy Christmas Cookies and today’s recipe is a winner. These Sugar Cookies are dipped in white chocolate and covered in crushed peppermint which not only makes them so pretty, but SO DELICIOUS!
They have been a life saver during this finals week. They are easy to make which is a plus for me because #busy, but I know they will look so professional at a party or gathering.
Check them out and tell me what you think! In the meantime, follow me on Instagram because the next 2 months are going to be INSANE and full of lots of traveling and I’ll be posting mostly on that platform.
Merry Christmas elfies!
White Chocolate Covered Peppermint Sugar Cookies
For the cookies:
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the coating:
· White Chocolate Baking Chips
· Candy Canes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add the egg, and beat on medium-high speed until incorporated. Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir together until incorporated.
- Use a 1.5 Tablespoon cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets, allowing two inches in between for spreading. Bake the cookies (one sheet at a time) in the center rack of the oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are set and just barely beginning to turn golden. (Do not over-bake, or the cookies will not be as soft.) Cool.
- While the cookies are baking unwrap all your candy canes and place them in a big ziploc bag. Crush them with a rolling pin and pour into a bowl.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave safe bowl until smooth.
- Dip half of the sugar cookie in the white chocolate and then dip into the peppermint crumbles until the chocolate is covered. Let the chocolate set up on a plate or wax paper. Repeat until all the cookies are coated! Enjoy!
xx Nicole #DoStuff #BakeStuff